What’s the point in being Senior Management on a shit salary? Not even double what your Juniors are on most of the time.
It’s not just about the basic salary. You definitely don’t get 2 bonuses a year that go up to 30%. Yes a 30% Bonus is a possibility here. Do you even get a 15% bonus now? 10%?
That’s a new car without the PCP. Or your mortgage paid off quickly. Or that orangery you’re dreaming of.
It’s not even about the bonus either. How about feeling respected, praised, having every conference, Training Day (or week) and event you’ve wanted to attend on a platter now?
Even on top of this the practice is planned to more than double in size over the next few years regionally, they’ve also got a Director retiring at some point in that time. They’ll need 2 new ones at least. That puts you in pole position. It’s happened before here time and time again.
I know what you’re thinking; “It’s too good to be true, they’ll probably expect me to become a salesperson for that money. I’ll have to go out and schmooze clients”. This is a Technical Delivery and Leadership job. No need to develop new business. They prefer someone who can retain clients and develop existing relationships.
Michelle and Will joined other offices as Associates recently. Here’s what they had to say in a recent call with them:
“Proper salary, proper Bonuses”, “It’s like Disney Land for Adults [working here]”, “By far the best Architectural Practice at collaborating and sharing knowledge and resource that I’ve worked at”.
Never worry about your job security ever again. With 9 out of the 10 biggest pension funds as clients, strategic public sector relationships, and a host of private developers as mates, this is the most secure business in UK Architecture. They’ve gone from the middle of the AJ top 100 to the top 20 in the past 3 years. But they’ve always grown, even in uncertain times, even when others haven’t.
There is also Life Insurance to protect your family, a Health Cash back service which reimburses any prescription fees, eye tests, dental check ups or physio sessions, as well as the usual professional subscriptions, cycle to work schemes and a brilliant electric car leasing scheme which you pay before tax, saving thousands on a new top of the range vehicle.
Day to Day Job:
- The job is largely about Technical and Delivery leadership for the practice.
- You’ll look after your own projects, but you’ll still be hands on, even the Partners at an AJ Top 20 like this still get on the tools and draw.
- You’ll support the Junior, Mid-Levels and even review the Seniors.
- You’ll be part of a small group that “figureheads” the region and the practice in general.
- Sometimes you might be called into board meetings, have a hand in the national practice and help lead a progressive improvement environment.
- Resource management, mentoring, assessing and general staff management.
- Experience in a strong leadership role previously within Architecture.
- Qualified Architect or Architectural Technologist.
- Client lead type experience or similar.
- A “people person” who can lead and direct gently.
Don’t worry if your CV is out of date, we can work that out later. You could instead send a link to your Linkedin Profile or DM Matt Kirk directly from there. Clicking Apply takes you to my website, which lets you send a message without an attachment or my email and phone number is plastered all over.