Your new company
Your new company is a manufacturing organisation based in Grimsby, with over 30 years experience within the industry. This company manufactures a wide range of absorbent non-woven fabrics that absorb aqueous liquids rapidly and provide excellent levels of retention.
Your new role
You will be responsible for identifying, planning, design and delivery of major process improvements, to agreed expectations and in line with requirements including business, legal, quality, environmental, and health and safety. This will include capital projects, process optimisation and troubleshooting.
- Perform process engineering calculations and develop technical reports to support business objectives.
- Process Improvement, Optimisation & Troubleshooting
- Gather and analyse data from a range of sources including control system data, plant log books, equipment manuals etc. to inform decision-making and produce reports
- Responsible for identifying project opportunities to improve production output, product quality, equipment reliability, safety, and plant efficiency in line with business objectives. Designing and coordinating associated plant trials
- Provide technical expertise in support of operational activities including liaising with the Operations Department to produce plans to solve, avoid, or mitigate any process or equipment problems in a safe and timely manner
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of process data and information resources.
- Capital Projects
- Detailed management of specific capital projects including design of equipment/systems, preparation of project costings and voucher applications for senior management approval
- Liaison with specialist equipment suppliers and contractors
- Evaluating project proposals to ensure a proportionate and cost-effective solution is implemented
- Selection, procurement, planning, installation, and commissioning of equipment for use
- Training of personnel.
- Health, Safety & Environment
- Responsible for identifying and implementing isolations to bring equipment to a safe state, reviewing of contractors' risk assessment and method statements, and writing and authorising of permits to work
- Contributes to the maintenance of safety documentation such as risk assessments, management of change, HAZOP, DSEAR, COSHH.
- Other Activities:
- Control system maintenance, utilisation and development (Emerson DeltaV system).
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience of chemical manufacturing processes
- NEBOSH National General Certificate
- UK Chemical Engineering degree qualification recognised by IChemE
- DeltaV control system knowledge
- DSEAR, HAZOP, HAZAN, LOPA, SIL requirements, and permit to work systems
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant UK safety and environmental regulations, codes and standards
- Reviewing of contractors' risk assessment and method statements, and writing and authorising of permits to work
- Able to work on multiple projects in parallel and in multidisciplinary teams.
What you'll get in return
In return, you will receive a very competitive salary, a flexible shift pattern (standard is Monday - Friday 8:30am - 4:40pm) and company benefits such as free parking and annual bonuses.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.