Your new company
Is a growing building services engineering practice that provides a strategic and innovative approach to delivering engineering and management consultancy services for its clients with a particular emphasis on a holistic sustainability approach within MEP design. They have a great office in Clerkenwell and work on a variety of high end residential and heritage projects for a number of prestigious clients both locally and internationally. They tend to work closely with some well known architects and like to take projects from conception to installation. They have a particular focus on staff development and happiness with career development a key focus on their business focus.
Your new role
Is as an Electrical Associate in the London office, helping to lead the London electrical team, grow the business, develop and mentor junior staff and be client facing across most if not all projects from an electrical angle. Technical ability and willingness to train and develop junior staff are absolutely key. There is also space within the team to develop this role into a Director position within the near future. The day-to-day responsibilities will include-
- Lead the electrical discipline on projects or as project leader, taking ownership for project deliverables.
- Managing the day-to-day workload of engineers and technicians.
- Prepare technical calculations, reports, designs, drawings and specifications.
- Monitor the financial performance of projects as well as setting up and managing administrative systems, project resource planning, expenditure and WIP management.
- Undertake project technical/quality reviews and attend design reviews/team meetings as needed for the smooth operation of the project(s).
What you'll need to succeed
You will have a strong technical core competence and background in project delivery. In addition, you will have a broad understanding of the principles of building services and other related building design disciplines and a desire to mentor and lead a team of Engineers.
You must also be-
- Degree qualified in Electrical Engineering/Building Services.
- Proven experience (8+ years) in electrical engineering design within the building services industry.
- Experience leading and developing senior and more junior engineers.
- Comfortable in a client-facing role and willing to contribute to business development activities.
- Experience leading teams on large-scale and often complex projects.
- Experience in the delivery of all phases of a project from inception to completion, but specifically design and quality control focused and dealing directly with the customer and project teams.
- Experience and awareness of major digital engineering tools, such as CAD/Revit, and Amtech. You will also have experience of delivering projects in a BIM environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ideally Chartered or willing to work towards
What you'll get in return
They offer a competitive salary and comprehensive range of benefits based on experience and level. These include:
- c £70k - £85k+ per annum (dependent on experience etc.)
- Discretionary bonuses
- 26 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Pension contribution
- Professional memberships paid for
- Flexible/ Hybrid working
- Potential for share options after time served
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.