Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding role with a leading facilities management services business that operates nationally across the UK? Do you have the skills and experience to manage and control the costs of various construction projects? Do you want to work with a highly experienced and professional team that delivers projects for clients such as NHS, Tesco, Aldi and more?
Then this could be an ideal opportunity for you. We are partnering with a professional leader in the facilities management industry, that is seeking a skilled and experienced Quantity Surveyor to join their team and become a key part of the growth of the company.
What's in it for you?
- A competitive salary
- A friendly and supportive work environment
- Opportunities for career development
- Local sites with varied work
As a Quantity Surveyor, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting in establishing a client's requirements and undertaking feasibility studies to ensure their proposals will work
- Preparing and analysing project costings for tenders, such as materials, quantities, labour and time
- Preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client
- Negotiating contracts and work schedules
- Allocating work to subcontractors and overseeing their work at all stages of the construction
- Performing risk, value management and cost control during construction
- Undertaking cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work
- Advising on a procurement strategy
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks
- Providing advice on contractual claims and disputes
- Analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports
- Valuing completed work, overseeing bills and arranging payments
- Maintaining awareness of the different building contracts in current use
- Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations
To be considered for this role, you will need:
- A relevant qualification in quantity surveying or engineering, or equivalent experience
- A proven track record of working as a Quantity Surveyor or similar role in the facilities management sector
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills
- Strong numerical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- A good knowledge of construction law and contracts
- A full UK driving licence
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.