Your new company
The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea is considered one of the more iconic boroughs due to the diverse and complex heritage and culture within the borough. RBKC holds the prestigious London's Knights Bridge within it's borough and the lively Portobello Market. The Council is located on Kensington High Street with tubes and bus access within 2 minutes walk. The housing department is a multidisciplinary department that has the responsibility of overseeing the delivery of housing projects and meeting housing compliance regulations and standards.
Your new role
As a Mechanical and Electrical Project Manager you will oversee the delivery of M&E projects from inception to completion including design sign off, full tender process, the organising of the project programme and delivery of the project. Your project value yearly will be in the region of £5million to £15million. You will be responsible for the delivery of capital building projects within the Councils capital programme, ensuring effective outcomes, delivery on time, within budget, representing value for money, contribute to the development, delivery, management and monitoring of the organisation
- Lead and manage the Mechanical and Electrical aspects of housing projects.
- Oversee the design to ensure smooth design sign-off and alignment with project objectives.
- Take charge of contract management, ensuring compliance and successful project execution.
- Monitor project progress, addressing any issues that may arise during the construction phase.
-Manage the full budget of your projects and ensure project programme is followed
- Work closely with stakeholders, consultants, and contractors to ensure seamless communication and cooperation throughout the project lifecycle.
What you'll need to succeed
- Proven track record in managing Mechanical and Electrical projects within the housing sector.
- Extensive knowledge of construction processes and M&E systems.
- Strong understanding of design sign-off and contract management procedures.
- Excellent communication skills to engage effectively with stakeholders and teams.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet project deadlines.
- Relevant qualifications and certifications in Project Management and Mechanical/Electrical Engineering.
What you'll get in return
In return, you will be offered £53,145 to £60,693 Plus Package which includes a Local Government Pension scheme of 12.5% along a generous holiday allowance of 30 days plus 8 public holidays.
What you need to do now
Please apply via the link and ensure you provide a full up-to-date CV including best contact number and full qualification breakdown.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.