**Job Title: Building Surveyor**
Hays is delighted to be working with a a growing company seeking a Chartered Building Surveyor to join our team in one of their regional offices. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing a comprehensive Building Surveying service to their clients across various sectors, as well as offering support and advice to our Senior Quantity/Building Surveying Department.
- Carry out professional building surveying duties including building inspections, acquisition surveys, dilapidations, contract administration, maintenance and refurbishment projects, schedules of condition, party wall awards, etc.
- Communicate effectively with both internal and external parties to ensure all information is available for the successful implementation and completion of projects.
- Maintain relationships with existing clients and develop new client contacts and business opportunities.
- Develop relevant knowledge and skills through regular CPD activities and maintain an up-to-date awareness of all necessary legislation affecting the technical aspects of building surveying, sharing knowledge and information where appropriate.
- Liaise and attend meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business development.
- Prepare and submit relevant administration in a timely and accurate manner, for example timesheets, expenses, database applications etc.
- Adhere to procedures relating to the proper use and care of equipment and materials for which the role has responsibility.
- Adhere to stated policies and procedures relating to health and safety, and quality management.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
- A relevant university degree, or equivalent.
- Membership of RICS.
- Experience of dealing with and providing advice on a range of building surveying-related matters.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications eg Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Understanding of the needs and demands of clients and will to exceed their expectations.
- Commercially aware.
- Able to prioritise workload, planning ahead as required.
- Confident communicator both verbally and in writing.
- Able to work individually or in a team.
- Fee target achievement.
- Good business development skills.
- Attitudes: Motivated and professional with the drive to succeed, Attention to detail, Accurate, Enthusiastic, Diplomatic, Reliable.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.