Your new company
Our client provides sustainable highways services for Nottinghamshire and across the wider East Midlands region. They provide services in partnership with Nottinghamshire County Council, maintaining, designing and constructing throughout a range of disciplines. This includes the maintenance of roads, footways, signs, lines, lighting and signals, salting and snow clearance, the delivery of highway improvement services and the management of activities needed to support the county's highway network.
Your new role
To deliver civil engineering projects, in a commercial capacity, which enhance and maintain the road network and meet company business plan objectives.
Duties will include, but not be limited too:
- Price tenders, quotations, estimates and target prices for highway and civil engineering works using manual calculation and electronic system including spreadsheets, databases and estimating systems. Support the Supply Chain Management Team with securing quotes for specialist work, value engineering solutions and implementing measures to improve profitability and opportunity/risk profile
- Being responsible for ensuring commercial management at project level is progressed in accordance with contractual obligations and business policies and procedures. Attend and advise on Early Contractor Involvement meetings and ascertain Labour, Plant and Materials requirements are in line with Resource Reports/Budget.
- Responsibility at Project Team level for maintaining excellent commercial relationships with internal / external stakeholders and effective commercial management of contractors.
- Commercial management and reporting of the project including optimising profit, cash and opportunity/risk and supporting the Project Manager so that project decision-making is informed by profit, cash and risk.
What you'll need to succeed
- Degree in Commercial Management / Quantity Surveying or other relevant qualifications combined with strong highways and or civil engineering experience.
- Significant experience in quantity surveying, budget management, good contractual awareness and adept at identifying risk. Good communication skills, both written and verbal, are required along with analytical skills.
- Proven track record of undertaking NEC contract commercial management on highway or civil works.
- Understanding of building regulations relating to highways / civil engineering works and health and safety regulations.
- Confident in the use of all Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Full driving licence.
What you'll get in return
- Salary up to £70,000 (depending on experience)
- Hybrid Working
- Flexible Working
- 25 Days Annual Leave (rising to 28 days after 5 years of service) + Bank Holidays - Option to buy and sell Annual Leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free Car Parking On Site
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.