Your new company
Our client provides sustainable highways services for Nottinghamshire and across the wider East Midlands region. They provide services in partnership with Nottinghamshire County Council, maintaining, designing and constructing throughout a range of disciplines. This includes the maintenance of roads, footways, signs, lines, lighting and signals, salting and snow clearance, the delivery of highway improvement services and the management of activities needed to support the county's highway network.
Your new role
To deliver civil engineering projects and provide specialist engineering services which enhance and maintain the road network and meet company business plan objectives.
Duties will include, but not be limited too:
- Managing the Commercial Team and ensuring effective progression of commercial goals and objectives as well as working with the Business Development Team so that identified business streams / opportunities are subject of robust appraisal and meet criteria for business growth, profitability and opportunity/risk profile.
- Establishing and maintaining excellent working relationships with internal / external stakeholders and contractors.
- Supporting all members of the Commercial Department in building understanding and adopting commercial / wider business policies and procedures and contractual obligations.
- Responsible for avoiding and resolving commercial disputes/disagreements as far as practicable and escalating to the Commercial Director where appropriate. Leading on the reporting of matters that may lead to dispute and taking proactive steps to mitigate and leading on negotiation of all matters with contractors and stakeholders.
What you'll need to succeed
- Degree in Commercial Management / Quantity Surveying or other relevant qualifications combined with strong highways and/or civil engineering experience.
- Proven experience of managing a commercial team including quantity surveyors through CPD. Ensure good working relationships with other Departments that deliver business goals and commercial objectives. Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, are required, along with good analytical skills.
- Strong knowledge of NEC contract and common provisions of Framework Contracts. Good knowledge of construction related contract law and supporting the Supply Management Team in ensuring NEC Sub-Contract arrangements when required using the NEC suite of Contract Documents.
- A proven track record of development and delivery of an effective commercial target operating model is linked to sustainable business profitability and growth in line with business forecasts / targets.
- Strong commercial (including negotiation), management skills, knowledge and ability.
- Understanding of building regulations relating to highways / civil engineering works and health and safety regulations.
- Confident in the use of all Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
What you'll get in return
- Salary up to £85,000 (depending on experience)
- Hybrid Working
- Flexible Working
- 25 Days Annual Leave (rising to 28 days after 5 years of service) + Bank Holidays - Option to buy and sell Annual Leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free Car Parking On Site
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.