Hays are excited to be partnering with Gravitas Build, who are looking for a sharp and ambitious Assistant Operations Manager to join their team!
Here are some details about the role in their own words...
Assistant Operations Manager at Gravitas Build
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and growing construction company that works on a variety of projects in the Midlands? Do you have a degree in construction management or on-site training and a passion for building? If so, you might be the perfect fit for our team!
Who is Gravitas built?
Gravitas Build is a highly regarded construction company that specialises in new builds, refurbishments, and community projects. They have been in the industry for over 20 years and have a reputation for delivering high-quality work on time and within budget.
They deliver projects ranging from £500k to £7m, such as the Black Country Museum, large warehouses and mosques. Over the years, they have built a loyal and experienced team of staff and subcontractors who share our values of professionalism, integrity, and excellence. Their ability to retain high quality team members by providing clear communication, progression and variety has been a key part of their success.
What will the role involve?
As an Assistant Operations Manager, you will support the Operations Manager and the Site Managers in coordinating and managing various aspects of our projects. You will be responsible for:
- Researching information to support other teams and departments as needed.
- Working with the wider team to come up with innovative solutions to challenges.
- Performing administrative tasks such as scheduling meetings, keeping track of and reporting on project progress.
- Visiting sites to liaise with the Site Managers and troubleshoot any issues
- Understanding the technical and financial aspects of the projects
- Providing feedback and suggestions to improve the project outcomes
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- A degree in construction or relevant construction experience/qualifications
- A trade background or an understanding of building processes
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (outlook and excel)
- A high level of enthusiasm, initiative and people skills
- A willingness to learn from others and grow within the company
Why join Gravitas?
As an Assistant Operations Manager at Gravitas, you will enjoy:
- A competitive salary of £30k per annum
- A friendly and relaxed work environment
- A variety of projects to work on and learn from
- A chance to make a positive impact on the communities they serve
- A clear career progression path to become an Operations Manager or Director
- A flexible work schedule from 7:30am to 4am or 8am to 4:30pm
- A convenient location in Birmingham
How to apply
Hays is the exclusive recruitment partner for this role and will be completing all initial interviews and shortlisting. If you are interested in joining our team, please send your CV and a cover letter explaining why you are suitable for this role too We look forward to hearing from you!