Your new company
One of the UK's largest integrated design and build solution providers operating in the water sector. With over 1000 staff working across eight regional centres, the company creates opportunity by inviting, embracing and celebrating differences. Due to company expansion, they are recruiting a Senior Quantity Surveyor. Joining the company gives you the scope and ability to work for an organisation that is not only interested in your career, but your future too.
Your new role
As an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will act as the commercial conscious to the integrated delivery team, providing commercial support to both the delivery management and on-site delivery teams. Your main responsibility is ensuring operations are carried out to control costs, maximising future liabilities and maintaining the required standard of quality and safety. With your experience in the quantity surveyor field, you will assist the programme area estimating team, to ensure robust estimates align to scope and make allowance for risks and opportunities.The ideal candidate will also oversee the full compliance with the alliance governance procedures on a consistent basis.
What you'll need to succeed
- Quantity Surveying Degree or HNC/ HND in Civil or Mechanical Engineering with QS/ commercial management experience
- Extensive experience in managing cost
- In-depth knowlege of construction and safety
- Passion to pursue a career in Commercial Management
- Excellent IT skills
- Customer Service Skills
- Results Driven Mentality
- Previous experience in the water treatment sector (preferred)
What you'll get in return
The quantity surveyor role offers you numerous benefits, including:
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement
- Private Health Care
- Company car allowance and fuel card
- Matched pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- 25 days' annual leave + (8 days bank holiday)
- Discount on holidays, restaurants, supermarkets, and cinema tickets
The company believes in candidate flexibility. They believe that empowered colleagues are happier and more productive. This role lets you work in a flexible way. This means splitting your time, based on business needs between site, office and home.
What you need to do now
If you are ready to take your quantity surveyor career to new heights and be part of a dynamic and successful team, we invite you to apply for the position of senior quantity surveyor. Join a team who delivers outstanding projects, making a positive impact and advancing your professional journey.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.