Great role for a project director or aspiring Principal to provide leadership to architectural health projects and contribute to the leadership of the wider practice. The role requires working closely with the other leaders within the Practice Group, sharing knowledge and skills as required and enable a positive team environment. The role will ensure that design excellence and delivery efficiency are developed and maintained.
Progressive highly regarded design practice with offices in Australia and New Zealand. Initial role will be based in Auckland.
- Be an active, positive and integral member of the Principal and Project Director Group
- Lead key large scale health project/s and collaborate with key specialists including health planners
- Working closely with fellow Principals, Business Development stakeholders and Executives, identify and pursue business developments leads
- Exceed client project expectations by actively managing client relationships, balancing client requirements to ensure design quality and profitability.
- Promote thought leadership and innovation across the health sector.
- Drive and role model a culture consistent with a ‘one company’ approach.
- Actively engage with strategic objectives and proactively deliver goals
- Familiarity with Australasian Health Facility Guidelines and dRofus, international best practice Health Planning
- Develop and formulate designs with respect to regenerative, sustainable design and bicultural awareness, in liaison with specialist teams.
- Represent and provide leadership to project teams both internally and externally with clients and key stakeholders.
- Be involved in the selection and management/ mentoring of staff
- Ensure that project teams comply with practice guidelines, policies, procedures, standards and processes.
- Ensure the projects have a robust and effective delivery methodology and complies with practice guidelines, policies, procedures, standards and processes.
- Manage fees, variations to scope etc
- Exceed client project expectations by actively managing client relationships, balancing client requirements and managing the difficult conversations as required to ensure design quality and profitability, leading to repeat work.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally
- Willing to travel to other locations for periods of time to undertake projects.
Skills and Experience
- New Zealand or overseas registered Architect or equivalent experience level as relevant to the discipline.
- Proven experience successfully leading large, complex health projects with multiple stakeholders.
- 20+ years' project experience, with proven track record in design, delivery and management of teams.
- Extensive knowledge of healthcare practices and models of care, in depth knowledge of international healthcare. guidelines, in particular the Australian Health Facility Guidelines (AHFG) and New Zealand Building Codes (NZBC).
- In depth understanding of the design and user group process. Local business marketplace knowledge would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of management principles as they relate to construction, property, consulting and professional service.
- Large, complex project management - successfully led large, complex, challenging hospital redevelopment projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Sound technical knowledge of complex design/construction techniques, risks and mitigants.
- Superior verbal and written communication that convey a concise but comprehensive picture.
- Knowledge or an understanding of design software, ideally REVIT, BIM, Microsoft, Adobe and SketchUp and health planning database systems eg dRofus.
Benefits and Culture
- Flexible working hours and a progressive friendly and diverse culture
- Opportunities for equity and profit share
- Great New Zealand lifestyle