Your new company
My client is a forward-thinking environmental consultancy focused on reducing energy consumption and carbon emissions in buildings. We are committed to delivering sustainable solutions that have both economic and environmental benefits.
Your new role
The Decarbonisation Building Services Engineer will play a pivotal role in driving the sustainability agenda by providing expert engineering solutions for building systems. This role will focus on improving energy efficiency and reducing the carbon footprint of various types of buildings, from residential complexes to educational estates. Your work will contribute significantly to Green Net Zero's ongoing expansion and commitment to creating more sustainable living and working environments.
1. Energy Audits: Conduct comprehensive audits to identify opportunities for energy savings and decarbonisation.
2. System Design: Develop and implement energy-efficient building services systems, including HVAC, lighting, and control systems.
3. Renewable Technologies: Evaluate the applicability and integration of renewable energy sources like solar, wind, and geothermal into existing building systems.
4. Consultation: Work closely with end users, manufacturers, and other stakeholders to incorporate sustainable building practices.
5. Compliance and Documentation: Ensure all engineering projects comply with relevant regulations and standards, such as Building Regulations, BREEAM, and LEED.
6. Data Analysis: Monitor and evaluate the performance of implemented systems, providing feedback for continuous improvement.
What you'll need to succeed
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, or a related field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in building services engineering with a focus on sustainability.
- Proficiency in energy modelling software such as IES VE, EnergyPlus, or equivalent.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Independent worker, with a passion to grow their own team in time.
- Chartered Engineer status or working towards it.
- Certifications in relevant sustainability frameworks like BREEAM, LEED, or WELL.
- Experience in project management.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary with performance-based bonuses.
- Opportunities for professional development as our business expands.
- Collaborative and inclusive work environment.
- Flexible working arrangements.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.