A rare opportunity for an exceptional and established design-led Associate Director to relocate to Muscat, Oman. For a top creative UK practice, you will be based in Oman to oversee the delivery of a major education project in the cultural heart of the city with a long time client of the practice. It offers the opportunity to build a team around you, with the support of the Directors, and lay the foundations for a permanent satellite office.
- Operate autonomously, with support from the Directors, to lead the project in person and on site in Oman.
- Manage teams to consistently deliver design and technical excellence that meet high quality standards.
- Strong and proactive management to lead the design team with creative flair to meet clients' priorities and objectives.
- Lead project meetings and client presentations, acting as the primary contact for client interaction and maintaining good relationships with clients to maximise opportunities for repeat business.
- Participate in building a team, including networking and developing relationships with contacts in Oman with a view of establishing a permanent office.
Skills & Experience
- Architectural qualifications PtIII or equivalent.
- Share the same architectural values as the practice and have an international mindset and portfolio.
- Proven design skills and creative vision, coupled with a high level of technical expertise and examples of past built work.
- Possess proficiency in Revit and proven ability to oversee others in the efficient production of drawings and technical information.
- People management skills essential, of both internal and external teams.
- A confident personality that can communicate and engage at all levels.
- A knowledge of local contacts is ideal although not essential, willingness to participate in business development is essential.
- All paid travel, including accommodation.
- Assistance with Visa process.
- Possible opportunity for fast-tracked promotions.
The practice promises fresh thinking, cutting-edge design, and a collaborative mindset. This role would suit someone with an adaptable personality and positive mindset and it presents a brilliant opportunity for the right person.
Don't miss out on this once in a life time opportunity!