Your new company
This is an exciting opportunity to join a cutting-edge engineering consultancy, with experts in mechanical, electrical, and sustainable building design. They thrive on collaboration, partnering closely with education, commercial, conservation, hotels, sports, and leisure, residential, healthcare, and community sectors. Our client has six vibrant locations across the UK. Your adventure awaits in the new office in Cambridge. Unleash your potential and be a part of something remarkable in this exhilarating new role!
Your new role
Join their rapidly expanding company as a principal/associate mechanical and electrical design engineer. This pivotal role involves providing expert mechanical engineering support in the built environment. You'll collaborate with clients to define project objectives, develop innovative and cost-effective solutions, and ensure compliance with regulations and best practices. Prepare budgets, tender documents, and oversee projects from stage 2 to stage 4. Conduct inspections and deliver comprehensive condition reports. Be at the forefront of their growth and make a lasting impact on the industry.
What you'll need to succeed
To succeed, your new company is looking for someone who has a degree or masters in engineering, is a member of the chartered institute of building services (or similar), chartered engineer status, full driving licence and excellent communication skills, problem-solving and a good decision marker. We are looking for someone who can be flexible about projects they can work on and can be adaptable.
What you'll get in return
- Salary for an Associate is £65000 - £75000 and for a Principle is £50000 - £60000.
- Nine-day fortnight
- Flexible working
- Ability to buy holidays.
- Up to 8% pension employer contribution
- Octopus Electric Vehicle Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Health Care scheme with Vitality
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Death in Service cover
- Reimbursement of a single membership subscription for a relevant professional institution
- Professional registration incentive bonus
- Extra day A/L to be used within 1 week of your birthday (after 3 years' service)
- Eligible employees can apply for up to 1 week to volunteer (pro-rata for part time staff) per calendar year (see Volunteer policy).
- In addition to the statutory paternity policy, the company will give one-week full pay after the birth of a child.
What you need to do now
If you're ready to take the next step in your career, click 'apply now' to submit your CV, or call us on 01223 464 577 for a confidential discussion on your career aspirations. Even if this job isn't quite right for you, we'd still love to chat about your next career move.
If you know of anyone who may be interested in this role, please do let us know. As a token of our appreciation for any successful referrals, you will receive up to £250 in vouchers.