Your new company
You will be working for a building services organisation that is rapidly growing and with a large room for progression. They operate mainly in defence but they have diversified into commercial, retail brands such as TED BAKER stores and many more projects.
Your new role
You will be responsible for taking a role as a sustainability engineer as part of the company's strategy to create a new department that will aim to assist the business and the clients by providing expertise in sustainability.
What you'll need to succeed
General Core Responsibilities
- Support the regional teams to achieve and exceed their income and performance targets.
- Attend and actively participate in CPD sessions.
- Promote Projects Group Values.
- Strive to exceed your targets and be an exemplar to others.
- Be an enthusiastic contributor to the development of the project management team.
- Be open-minded to learning and actively pursue your professional development.
- Network with others in your relevant professional body and/or sector-specific groups.
- Build positive relationships with clients and consultants on your assigned projects.
- Actively promote Coreus and yourself on appropriate social media channels.
- Support the Enabling Services Team in Marketing Opportunities.
- Ensure all tasks undertaken on your assigned projects are delivered in line with quality procedures and processes.
- Undertake all Sustainability Consultant duties, as necessary.
- Work within established procedures to undertake tasks relating to the delivery of sustainability services on projects.
- Individuals contribute to a range of sustainability assignments, including but not limited to Net Zero Strategy, Decarbonisation Strategies, Whole Life Carbon Building Assessments, Carbon impact assessments, BREEAM and SKA.
- Communicate and highlight compliance issues to the line manager.
- Completing tasks as requested by colleagues, prioritising case load and interpreting established policies in order to effectively support the team.
Health and Safety
- Ensure the Coreus Health and Safety Policy is put into practice on a day-to-day basis.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant risk assessments and H&S Legislation.
- Record and report to all relevant site related sites and safety incidents and safety accidents in your assigned projects.
- Promote and play an active role in the management and achievement of the company's net-zero carbon targets.
Qualifications and Professional Status
- Essential: Experience in the delivery of carbon footprinting / carbon management projects across a range of project types, delivered by scope, quality and budget. Knowledge of legislation and policy influencing carbon and climate change, of key methodologies and data sources associated with carbon footprinting and carbon management, including ISO14064, PAS2060, PAS2080;
- Essential: Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and collaborate at all levels
- Desirable: Project management and broad range of client-facing experience. Experience with BREEAM/SKA/Passivhaus.
- Committed to work towards Appropriate Membership Status of a Relevant Professional Body such as IEMA, IES, CIWEM, CIEEM.
- Strives to be exceptional in everything they do.
- Self-motivated, proactive and have a positive attitude.
- Building good relationships through trust, integrity and honesty.
- Professional approach to their work.
- Communicate clearly and use appropriate methods.
- Develop themselves through a strong desire to learn and ask.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Creative problem-solving.
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options are available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.