The UK's leading provider of student accommodation is urgently looking for an enthusiastic Development Manager to join their small in-house development team based in stunning newly refurbished offices right in the heart of London's West End. With over 1000 properties in pretty much all the major UK student towns and cities this company finds, buys, refurbishes, lets, and manages high quality student housing and flats on behalf of its investors. They pride themselves on the market leading quality of housing and high level of service that they deliver to all their clients.
This role will see the ideal candidate oversee the full development and procurement process on multiple projects simultaneously to ensure the cost-effective acquisition and then delivery of goods and services. You will play a vital role in optimising purchasing activities, managing supplier relationships, and driving efficiency within the procurement department. Additionally, you will be responsible for monitoring design trends and incorporating them into procurement strategies.
You will be asked to undertake some of the following responsibilities:
• Managing the entire Development process, from cradle to grave on small and large projects, creating budgets, brief writing, managing consultants and hiring contractors and suppliers
• Managing the procurement process, from identifying needs to supplier selection, negotiation, and contract management
• Build and maintain strong relationships with suppliers, ensuring quality and timely delivery of design-related goods and services
• Stay updated on design trends and market conditions to identify innovative sourcing opportunities
• Collaborate with our management teams to define design specifications and delivery schedules for projects
• Assisting the team during the creative phase of the project, including space planning using AutoCAD or similar
• Working with our lettings and marketing team to produce floorplans and renders for marketing purposes
• Researching new hard-wearing materials and finishes for implementations into the properties
The ideal candidate will have the following skills/attributes:
• Ability to use AutoCAD in order to communicate design information with contractors and suppliers
• Ideally educated to Master's level
• Minimum 5 years professional experience within an architectural or interiors practice
• Experience in managing design-oriented procurement, including sourcing design-oriented suppliers and materials
• Understanding of design trends and the ability to incorporate them into procurement strategies
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with internal stakeholders and external suppliers
• Possess proven project management experience and skills
• Exposure to UK based residential schemes (previous experience working on HMO's would he hugely beneficial)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint, for data analysis and presentation purposes.
• Comfortable and happy to travel throughout the UK on a regular basis
This would suit Interior Designer who is keen to make the move across to an all-encompassing client-side role.
If this is something, you would be interested in then please do not hesitate and apply today as this is not to be missed!!!