Your new company
As our Sustainability Specialist, you will support our business by developing and developing strategies and programs which will help us achieve our commitments and targets related to social programs and climate change. This position will also play a key role in the development of our public reporting programs, which includes CDP, our sustainability and annual reporting, as well as our UN Global Compact reporting. As part of our Environmental Health and Safety team, you will play an important role in supporting our plants globally. This position will also have a voice in shaping and helping to develop the organisation's understanding of the future trends and issues that will mean most to our business, clients, and stakeholders that we serve. As Sustainability Coordinator, you will identify gaps, risks and opportunities linked to sustainability and ESG related priorities, create and deliver plans and strategies for managing these and help to improve our sustainability disclosures. Maybe be asked to travel on a limited basis.
Your new role
1. Complete public and customer disclosures in a variety of different frameworks and platforms.
2. Support the development of our sustainability and annual reporting initiatives.
3. Implement best practice in areas of corporate, ethical, and social responsibility and address any issues arising.
4. Identify gaps in our sustainability and environmental, social and governance performance and create ambitious, credible, and measurable action plans to address these.
5. Deliver issue-specific strategies for the organisation on sustainable supply chain engagement and development, transition planning, modern slavery, and biodiversity.
6. Work with the team to assure compliance with new sustainability-related regulations and requirements affecting the organisation.
7. Audit, analyse, and report environmental performance to internal and external clients and regulatory bodies.
8. Promote and raise awareness across the business of the impact of emerging environmental issues.
What you'll need to succeed
1. The ability to handle multiple assignments concurrently and independently in a time-sensitive, thorough, detail-oriented, and well-organised manner.
2. I must have strong Microsoft Office skills in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
4. Ability to interact well with people of all ages, skill sets, and diverse backgrounds
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent in sustainability or a related field 2.
2. year's of experience in the sustainability field
3. Experience of working across a global operation and effectively applying strategic improvement programs is a plus.
What you'll get in return
£45,000 - £60,000
2–3 Days WFH
Every Friday finishes at 13:15
Free parking on-site
7% Pension Contribution
Private Medical Insurance
Employee assistance programme
Electric Car vehicle sacrifice
Diverse and Inclusive work environment
Global Company with career progression
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.