Job Title: PMO Manager
Contract Term: 6 Months +
Rate: £700 per day
Work Type: Hybrid (1 -2 Days in Office each week)
Role purpose - take day-to-day ownership of the EIT portfolio and its supporting process and reports, developing and promoting adoption across Enterprise IT, (2) own and continually improve the project management methodologies used across EIT, and (3) provide quality assurance for project, programme, and portfolio management.
- Takes day-to-day ownership of the EIT portfolio, ensuring data is accurate, and processes surrounding it are fit-for-purpose.
- Develops and maintains reporting suites, governance forums, and reporting channels to ensure portfolio data can be utilised appropriately by various levels of management across the organisation.
- Develops, documents, and embeds the detailed project delivery processes and templates used across EIT, including business cases, project plans, RAID logs, work packages, progress reports, governance reports, delivery stage assessments, and closure documents.
- Ensures the above processes align with other touchpoints across EIT, including Service Assurance and Transition, financial management, operational risk management, security policy, capacity planning and reporting, the central PMO processes.
- Provides quality assurance on the above processes, providing timely and actionable feedback and guidance to project, programme, and portfolio management.
- Provides input on the objectives and key results for the Demand, Planning, and Governance team, in alignment with departmental and organisation objectives and key results (OKRs).
- Owns and develops any external-facing communications materials such as SharePoint, ensuring information is accessible, relevant, and up-to-date.
- 5 years minimum experience in a PMO Management, Programme Management, or Portfolio Management role.
- Expert understanding of common project management methodologies, including agile and traditional processes.
- Strong understanding of the function of the PMO, and its relationship between other disciplines within the Portfolio Office and wider EIT function.
- Adept at utilising PowerPoint or equivalent presentation packages to present to senior & executive audiences.
- Expert user of MS Excel.
- Strong analytical skills, and experience of working in a process engineering role.
- Highly proficient user of Jira/Confluence.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.