Your new company
We are currently working exclusively with a Local Authority within the West Midlands to support the recruitment of an Environmental Health Officer on a full-time temporary basis.
Your new role
As an Environmental Health Officer, you will be working as the housing expert within the Specialist Fire Safety Team (SFST) which sits within Private Rented Housing, under the Regulatory and Enforcement Directorate.
You will be responsible for collating and gathering intelligence, conducting inspections/audits, and identifying existing fire safety threats to residents of privately owned high-rise residential blocks. You will be working alongside key enforcement partners, stakeholders, and businesses where you will remove, reduce, and remediate fire safety risks using a range of management and enforcement tools.
The aim of this role is to protect life from existing fire risk, threat and spread. To ensure our inner-city high rise residential blocks are safe from fire risk, so improving and making a difference to resident's lives.
This role is a hybrid role, where you will be managing your own caseload and planning visits across the city. This working pattern may change due to manager discretion.
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful in this role, you will need to have extensive experience as an Environmental Health Officer. You will also need the following:
- You will already be working as a lead/specialist EHO, for private sector housing in a busy housing authority.
- To possess an expert and detailed understanding of private sector housing legislation/codes of practice.
- In-depth knowledge of the HHSRS and experience in using the HHSRS operating guidance: addendum of the profile of the hazard of fire and in relation to cladding systems on high-rise residential buildings, or experience in assessing the hazard of fire in similar complex buildings.
- You need to be a member of CIEH and hold the relevant qualifications.
For this role, you will need a UK driving licence equipped with business insurance as you will be going on visits around the Birmingham area.
What you'll get in return
You will receive an hourly rate up to £45, paid weekly and accrue holiday pay.
This is a temporary position starting ASAP for 6 months. However, there may be opportunities for you to apply for permanent positions.
In addition, you will receive:
- One dedicated consultant, Specialist in Social Housing recruitment
- Exclusive Recruitment partner for Birmingham City Council, Sandwell Council, Coventry Council & Solihull Council
- Exclusive access to the latest office support roles Free DBS Service
- Referral Scheme, £100 for each referral placed.
- Access to both nationwide and global job opportunities
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.