Your new company
An Environmental Consultancy who provides expert advice on ecological assessments for development projects, they offer specialist services to the private sector, local, and central government. Their aim is to safeguard and monitor hedgerows, grassland, woodland, and other ecological habitats within sites of development.
Join their expanding environmental and arboricultural team based in Worthing, West Sussex. Great hands-on experience in all elements of an established arboricultural and ecological consultancy.
Your new role
The role would allow a candidate to utilise their experience to lead on a range of ecological assessments. You will be implementing ecological mitigation measures to provide high quality technical client support at all stages of their projects from pre-planning to project delivery.
Duties including but not limited to…
- Preliminary ecological appraisals
- Protected species assessments
- Preliminary roost assessments
- Detailed Phase 2 habitat surveys for bats, reptiles, amphibians, dormouse, water voles, invertebrates and birds
- Produce technical reports
- Organise and manage junior staff
What you\'ll need to succeed
- A relevant environmental degree
- Strong experience in an ecological consultancy
- Excellent report writing and computer literacy skills
- Full UK driving licence
- Full CIEEM Membership (desirable)
- Preferably a protected species license holder (Bats, GCN or Dormouse)
What you\'ll get in return
- £30K - £40K DOE
- Diverse portfolio of projects
- Training and Development plan
- Opportunities to invest
- 24 days holiday + bank holidays
- Enhanced company pension scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Paid professional membership fees
- Amazing social events
- Annual Performance Related Bonus
What you need to do now
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.