Your new company
My client is an environmental consultancy specialising in historical and current remediation projects. They take great pride in delivering the highest-quality of work. Drawing upon their extensive expertise, they assess, plan, and execute remediation projects in the minerals & waste sector with meticulous attention to detail.
This is a consultancy where quality is paramount. They adhere to stringent industry standards and regulations, ensuring that work not only meets but exceeds expectations. They employ a multidisciplinary approach, with teams of; geologists, hydrologists, hydrogeologists, planners and engineers, to develop tailored solutions for each unique project.
Your new role
Production and management of permit applications primarily for waste management facilities and minerals developments including:
- Managing determination process
- Managing legislative issues for clients and maintaining an awareness of how legislation impacts projects
- Interpreting data and report writing
- Communicating with clients and external parties to progress projects
What you\'ll need to succeed
- Relevant degree in environmental sciences, or a related environmental discipline
- Thorough understanding of UK environmental legislation and the Environmental Permitting regime in England and Wales and regulatory regime in Scotland
- Proven skills in undertaking and assessing environmental permit applications
- Numerate with competent and efficient report writing skills
- Well organised and able to prioritise workload with minimal supervision
- Proficiency in use of IT packages (including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
What you\'ll get in return
- £25,000-£35,000 p/annum, DOE.
- Flexible working, hybrid policy.
- Standard pension.
- Dog friendly office (part of).
- Variety of projects with invaluable experience to be gained.
- Support towards Chartership.
- Clear training and development plan.
- Free parking.
What you need to do now
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.