Your new company
My client is an environmental consultancy specialising in historical and current remediation projects. They take great pride in delivering the highest-quality of work. Drawing upon their extensive expertise, they assess, plan, and execute remediation projects in the minerals & waste sector with meticulous attention to detail.
This is a consultancy where quality is paramount. They adhere to stringent industry standards and regulations, ensuring that work not only meets but exceeds expectations. They employ a multidisciplinary approach, with teams of; geologists, hydrologists, hydrogeologists, planners and engineers, to develop tailored solutions for each unique project.
Your new role
My client is looking to hire an ambitious and quality conscious Engineering Geologist to join a successful team and support their growth.
- Assist in the design and preparation of civil engineering earthworks including preparation of specifications and contract documents for landfill construction and contaminated remediation.
- Undertake supervision and quality assurance of civil engineering earthworks including the installation of natural and synthetic liners and capping systems for landfills and contaminated sites.
- Undertake contract administration for engineering works including attendance at and input to contract meeting.
- Undertake geotechnical engineering design work with regard to earthworks and engineered slopes for quarries, landfill sites and other engineering works.
- Undertake geotechnical stability assessments of natural and engineered slope stability for quarries, landfill sites and other engineering works.
- Undertake geological investigations for waste management sites, contaminated land, mineral extraction and other development projects.
- Monitor the impact on the environment of contaminated sites including current and former industrial sites and landfills.
- Undertake field supervision of drilling operatives, borehole installation and geological logging of boreholes.
- Oversee the site work of colleagues making sure the scope of works is followed and provide training of junior colleagues in field methods and procedures.
- Review of external documents, databases and reports and collate, assess and present information
- Provide support to senior colleagues for complex projects and legal related project works.
- Undertake qualitative and quantitative assessments to assess potential design requirements and risks and verify the quality and accuracy of the assessment, models and inputs prepared by colleagues.
- Keep up to date a detailed knowledge of environmental guidance and legislation relevant to the area of work and the implications this may have on the objectives in relevant areas of project work.
- Be responsible for checking that the quality and technical accuracy of colleagues work is clear and precise and to a good written standard. To including certain technical and senior level proofing as appropriate.
- Manage, prioritise and organise own workloads, cooperate with colleagues and manage and assist colleagues in a way that ensures the most efficient use of time.
- Engage and communicate with colleagues to seek and provide feedback on project work, act on advice and provide advice and continue to improve and develop and apply experience to future project work.
- Be responsible for the project management of complex and multiple project.
- Provide contributions, ideas, solutions and options for project work.
What you\'ll need to succeed
- BSc, BEng, MSc, MSci or MEng in a Geology, Earth Sciences or Civil Engineering related discipline.
- Fellow of the Geological Society or Graduate Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers. Chartership is desirable.
- Able to supervise a range of practical works and/or others undertaking field works.
- Have a high standard of written work and able to oversee technical work prepared by colleagues.
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft packages.
- Experience of geotechnical slope assessment models and three dimensional digital terrain models would be beneficial, but training would be provided.
- Experience of project management and financial control including preparing, working to budgets.
- Experience of contract preparation and administration would be beneficial, but training would be provided.
- Good project management, administrative, communication and organisational skills.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
What you\'ll get in return
- £35,000-£40,000 p/annum, DOE.
- Flexible working, hybrid policy.
- Standard pension.
- Dog friendly office (part of).
- Variety of projects with invaluable experience to be gained.
- Support towards Chartership.
- Clear training and development plan.
- Free parking.
What you need to do now
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.