Your new company
My client are professional, expert advisors on all matters relating to trees, woodland and the natural environment. From environmental planning to garden design and delivery, they offer a unique end-to-end service and expertise of the highest quality within one cohesive team, providing clients with continuity and reassurance.
They offer; woodland, garden design & planning consultancy from their team of highly qualified Arboriculturists, Ecologists, Foresters, Garden Designers, Landscape Architects, Soil Specialists and Contractors. Their in-house operational teams make project delivery much easier and more rewarding.
Your new role
- Preparation of reports, including more technical aspects of planning work such as input into EIA documents, Habitat Regulations Assessments and Biodiversity Net Gain Assessments.
- Responsible for sales generation and customer-base growth.
- Preparation and or input into fee proposals including more complex scopes of work for larger, multidisciplinary projects.
- Project management role, to include delegation, supervision and mentoring of others within the ecology team, as required.
- Supporting the ecology team with survey work, whether this be as part of a technical expertise or on complex projects.
- Leading on project liaison, including engagement with stakeholders, and meeting attendance. Provision of sound technical advice to clients, including complex projects.
- Quality control of documents prepared by senior consultants and/or other members of the ecology team, as required.
- Line and team management of senior consultants to include regular staff appraisals and liaison with human resources, as appropriate.
- Responsibility for resourcing teams in terms of both personnel and equipment, including identification of gaps in resourcing and supporting human resourcing with advertising and interviews.
- Support the Head of Ecology with ensuring compliance with best practice across the team, this may include preparation and amendments to templates, review of systems and procedures.
- To support the sales and marketing department with their business development activities.
- Keep informed with new advances in ecology consultancy, including identifying requirements for further training within the team, and delivering on the implementation of new systems and structures to instigate wider business development.
- Participate in industry/company events and engage with interest groups to further skill sets of personal interest.
- Provide support to the company in delivering CPD to third parties and providing direct CPD within the ecology team and wider company
What you\'ll need to succeed
- Have a passion for the protection and enhancement of our planet.
- Hold a degree in ecology, environmental science or similarly related subject.
- Hold at least one protected species licence, preferably for bats.
- Experience in site appraisal, with demonstrable botanical ID skills (ideally FISC Level 3 or above).
- Proven experience of project management, including larger and/or more complex sites.
- Experience of managing survey teams and/or subcontractors.
- Experience of being a named ecologist, alternative contact or accredited agent within a species mitigation licence.
- Be a full member of CIEEM or eligible to apply for the same.
- Must hold a full UK driving licence
What you\'ll get in return
- A competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus and pension scheme.
- 29 days holiday, including bank holidays (based on a 40 hour week), rising to 34 days, including bank holidays, after 2 years' service.
- Death in service scheme.
- Time off in Lieu scheme to recognise a healthy work-life balance.
- Travel expenses and breakdown cover, plus access to pool cars and vans.
- CPD and training opportunities.
- Membership fees and subscriptions to relevant professional bodies covered by the company.
- Discount to various places on site in Oxford [restaurants, plant shops etc.]
- Annual company social events for staff and their families.
- Access to 4 holiday homes at a reduced price, including those in Pembrokeshire, North Scotland, and Brittany (France).
What you need to do now
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call me now.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact me for a confidential discussion on your career.