Your new company
My client has over 60 experienced Ecology professionals undertaking a wide range of projects throughout the UK and Ireland, they lead the way in providing exemplar advice and services, have a real passion for what they do and due to continued commercial success, have a fantastic opportunity to join them
As a forward-thinking consultancy with ambitious growth plans, they offer significant potential for career development and enhancement based on performance. Their culture, flat management structure and straightforward approach to project and budget management gives everyone the opportunity to progress and to work on interesting projects with valued clients.
Your new role
In this key position you will manage and oversee ecological aspects of projects, advising clients on schemes such as mixed use and residential developments, minerals/waste projects, infrastructure and energy projects.
Day to day activity will include:
- Preparation of fee proposals and scope of works, report writing and technical review of peer and sub-contractor reports.
- Supervision and mentoring of ecology staff. Depending on skills and experience, the role may also include staff management and leading work on particular ecological specialisms.
- Scheduling, managing and ensuring delivery of complex ecological survey work packages on time and budget, using in-house and occasionally sub-contractor staff.
- Liaising with other technical teams on a variety of subjects including planning, landscape, hydrology, noise and air quality whilst working closely with senior members of the ecology team in other offices in the UK and other regions.
- Seeking opportunities through coordinated business development to expand ecology and other services and capabilities in the region.
- Your role will involve working with other team members located across the UK and other regions, depending on client/project sites and your expertise.
What you\'ll need to succeed
You should have an ecological specialism, whether it is; habitat survey, protected species, ornithology or another skill, plus be able to demonstrate competence in a range of different areas of ecological consultancy practice, able to lead and mentor others in their chosen specialism. Ideally you will also be able to demonstrate experience of business development, client and project management, preferably gained in a commercial consultancy environment.
- Demonstrable field survey skills, including surveying UK habitats and survey and mitigation design for protected species.
- Demonstrable competence in project management, planning work in line with health and safety procedures, budget management and technical report preparation.
- A track record in project winning, delivery and management.
- Work experience within a range of sectors including residential/mixed use, infrastructure, minerals and waste, and energy.
- Relevant degree level qualification plus appropriate level of membership of CIEEM or equivalent
- Full UK driving licence
What you\'ll get in return
- Competitive Salary DOE, £50-£55k
- Flexible working options
- Healthcare options
- Car Allowance
What you need to do now
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call me now.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact me for a confidential discussion on your career.