Your new company
My client is a leading, global provider of consulting and engineering services. They are differentiated to provide innovative technical solutions to their clients. They support global commercial and government clients focused on water, environment, sustainable infrastructure, renewable energy, and international development. With tens of thousands of employees worldwide, they provide clear solutions to complex problems.
Your new role
Their team of multidisciplinary environmental consultants - survey, assess and advise on specific situations, including acting as expert witnesses at hearings and inquiries. They typically undertake surveys then use innovative computer-based modelling techniques to predict noise, air quality, wind, odour or lighting levels and assess acoustic performance. Their clients include UK MoD, Sainsbury's, Amazon (Projects in UK, France, Italy, Germany, Spain, Poland & Egypt), together with a variety of Local Authorities and Transportation, Retail, House and Commercial Building Developer Clients.
Their services include:
- Environmental noise and vibration, including assessment and developing mitigation measures for buildings, highways, mining and blasting and, complex scenarios
- Building acoustics
- Occupational noise and hygiene
- Air quality & microclimate
- Environmental lighting and \'right of light\'
* Responsible for projects with minimal technical and project management inputs from others
* Manages own and others time to ensure that projects are completed to deadlines and are of good quality. Where needed, stays extra hours to ensure deadlines are met
* Maintains good communication with clients and team members. Manages clients expectations, informing them of key results and progress throughout the project
* Critically and helpfully Reviews the technical and written work of others
* Writes fee proposals and has good understanding of market rates, technical and financial constraints and requirements, fee proposals reflect client needs
* Takes responsibility and ownership of a project throughout, including, ensuring surveys are well timed, planned, organised and written up
* Follows up and supervises technical work if completed by others.
* Project communication including start up meetings and emails. Communication is professional, recorded, shared with all necessary team members and filed correctly for all to access
* Financial control for a project including mid and end reviews
* Seeks all ways to achieve 50% project profit on all jobs. Uses sense, effort and innovation to ensure that the project is completed most efficiently
* Takes responsibility for financial administration of projects including invoicing, earning, terms and conditions, correct setting up and change management
* Takes responsibility for others in the team including mentoring, advice, technical support and fellowship
* Identifies and Initiates assistance with a variety of team needs outside their normal role. Such as, organising social events, maintaining clean and tidy work areas, attending client, business development or professional events.
* Maintains continuous professional development
* Is a helpful and integrated member of the team. Instigating ways to resolve concerns or conflicts. Seeks to understand and assist with the needs of all team projects and deliverables including the training and opportunities requirements of other team members before their own
* Promotes a maintains a good attitude towards health and safety
* Conforms to CDOP, policies and procedures (including essential tasks such as timesheet completion) and promotes compliance to others and seeks ways for continual improvement in performance of the team and technical and procedural streamlining.
What you\'ll need to succeed
Due to noise, light, odour, and vibration monitoring you will have good physical health, good hearing and olfactory acuity (sense of smell). You should have a good geospatial interpretation ability in order to find and identify precise locations.
- Must be willing to work flexibly to tight timescales
- Able to use technical equipment on the field with minimum supervision
- A full driving licence is essential
- Prior experience in a similar consultancy position as a consultant or senior
What you\'ll get in return
- £30k - £45k DOE
- Flexible and remote working options available
- Health and wellness benefits
- Financial benefits
- Training and professional development
- Many more...
What you need to do now
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.