Your new company
You will be joining a growing family-run company that has been operating in Nottingham for the past 50 years. You will be working on a mixture of projects from education, hospitals, offices and more. These projects consist of new build, fit out, refurbs and modernisation work.
Your new role
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the supply chain and procurement of materials, plant, and equipment for the business. They will also provide support, advice, and guidance to managers on all administration matters. The following are the key responsibilities of the role:
- Procurement and scheduling of products, materials, plant, and equipment.
- Providing prices/quotes for all materials included on concept stage drawings to enable effective cost plans to be produced.
- Applying for site and permanent service connections to developments.
- Processing material orders and creating precise site-specific material schedules.
- Building relationships with suppliers and negotiating with them for the best quotes, quantities, and delivery timescales.
- Monitoring and reporting of price increases.
- Tracking orders and proactively addressing any failed or late deliveries.
- Arranging the return of nonconforming products.
- Identifying new products.
- Inventory management and the control of goods in and out.
- Processing of purchase ledger and inventory records.
- Working closely with estimating, contracts, and sites.
What you\'ll need to succeed
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Knowledge of the construction industry and relevant materials or similar procurement environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and foster good relationships with suppliers.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills.
- Attention to detail and analytical skills.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Site experience would be advantageous but not essential.
- Knowledge and understanding of materials and their applications.
- Good understanding of construction technical drawings.
- Comprehensive Microsoft computer skills
Ideally, the candidate would have 2+ years experience as a buyer within the commercial sector (schools and/or hospitals preferred).
What you\'ll get in return
In return, you will receive a competitive package with opportunities to progress within the company.
What you need to do now
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.