Your new company
An extremely well established and industry leading construction and development company who operate internationally, they work on major construction works in the UK. The reach and influence that this organisation has is immense. Working here will expose you to a disciplinary approach to construction, provide career development opportunities and ultimately advance your expertise.
The below position will be site based full time on the M42 J6 infrastructure project in Solihull. Therefore, a full UK driving license is required for site visits. You will also be working on a temporary basis until the end of March (Possibility for extension).
Your new role
You will be helping to deliver sustainability targets that achieve the aims of the projects sustainability strategy. You will be ensuring environmental compliance across all major environmental aspects (water, waste, noise/vibration and ecology) - and provide advice and guidance to various teams to help achieve this.
Main duties will include the following...
- Provide environmental compliance advice to various teams (design, procurement, subcontractors and suppliers) on the practical implementation of contract policies, processes and requirements
- Undertake environmental audits and inspections, both internal and external
- Identify and communicate environmental and sustainability risks and mitigations
- Assisting with the review and undertaking writing of plans, risk assessments and method statements
- Drive awareness for and delivery against contract targets, particularly reducing carbon and materials efficiency
- Strive to achieve no-net loss in biodiversity
What you\'ll need to succeed
- Degree level in an appropriate environmental or relevant discipline (ideal)
- Infrastructure experience (preferably highways)
- Someone who can hit the ground running and use their own initiative
- Full driving licence and willingness to travel
What you\'ll get in return
- £350 per day
- Challenging and rewarding project experience with an industry-leading organisation
What you need to do now
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.