Maths Teacher - Alternative Provision
- Part-time role with the option to become full-time.
- Temporary and Permanent Options Available.
- MPS - UPS
- Based in North-West Leicestershire (LE65)
Your new school
Hays Education are currently working with an Alternative Provision based in North-West Leicestershire (LE65) who are looking to appoint a Maths Teacher to join their team. This Alternative Provision caters for primary to A-Level aged students that have either been permanently or temporarily excluded from mainstream education.
Your new role
We are seeking a dedicated and passionate Secondary Level Maths Teacher to join our team at our alternative provision school. The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching mathematics to students with behavioural needs, helping them unlock their potential and overcome their challenges.
- Plan, prepare and deliver engaging Maths lessons to students across Key Stage 3 and 4.
- Adapt teaching methods to meet students' varying needs and interests.
- Implement behavioural strategies to engage students and manage classroom dynamics.
- Assess and record students' progress and provide feedback regularly.
- Collaborate with other staff members to create a supportive learning environment.
What you\'ll need to succeed
- Previous experience working in a Pupil Referral Unit (PRU), Alternative Provision (AP) or with children with challenging behaviour.
- QTS and recent experience teaching Maths across Key Stage 3 and 4.
- A strong understanding of the maths curriculum.
- Good communication skills - you will be liaising with other members of staff, students and parents/carers.
- You will need to be professional, patient, resilient, and enthusiastic.
What you need to do now
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.