Personal Assistant - Discovery Science
Bring out the best in each other, and yourself, by working together as one.
Are you looking for a challenging PA role where you can be ambitious, develop your administration skills and work on inspiring projects? We have an exciting opportunity to join a team of PAs/Senior Administrators supporting the Discovery Sciences Leadership Team. You will be assigned to Senior Directors in the department to provide excellent Personal Assistance and administration. A central part of the department, you will provide advice and guidance on all aspects of administration and compliance, ensuring we all follow best practice. You will work in a friendly and collaborative team in a thriving and active administration community thriving in support of continuous improvement.
Who we are
Business Planning and Operations (BPO) provides communications, operational support and leadership enablement in Discovery Sciences, an expert scientific function that applies deep technical expertise in specialist technologies. BPO performs a key role in interfacing with the broader business, acting as a central coordination point with HR, Finance, Global Pipeline and Portfolio Management (GPPM) and Corporate communications, to ensure we are aligned to business reporting standards and best practice, and providing appropriate reporting information to inform and develop business strategy and portfolio.
What you'll do:
Working collaboratively across different time zones, your individual focus will be on providing PA support to your leaders and to the department and leadership team. Calm and professional, you will represent the VPs with high profile internal and external business partners, scheduling meetings including preparing agendas, coordination of leadership team meetings and events, maintaining documentation and finding opportunities to make continuous improvements.
* Email management for VP - Actively scheduling, prioritising, responding to emails.
* Responding on behalf of the VP to a wide range of business partners, maintaining high professional standards whilst meeting conflicting needs
* Proactive management of VP's schedule including prioritising and safeguarding of time
* Manage coordination of logistics for face-to-face and virtual leadership team meetings
* Development and maintenance of processes, promoting best practice and sharing expertise.
* Preparation of presentation materials and information for VP
* Working alongside a PA team to mentor and coach others.
* Experience of PA activities -travel & events organisation, diary & inbox management.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Effective and efficient approach to managing workload and prioritisation
* A professional and proactive approach, and an ability to manage conflicting demands.
* Strong organisational and forward-planning
* Solid relationship-building skills to develop networks both within the company and externally
* Good business awareness with sensitivity to highly confidential information
* Track record of handling and resolving challenges quickly and efficiently, with flexibility to adapt to changing situations
At AstraZeneca, we're dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There's no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.
"When we put unexpected teams in the same room, we unleash bold thinking with the power to inspire life-changing medicine. In-person working gives us the platform we need to connect, work at pace and challenge perceptions. That's why we work, on average, a minimum of three days per week from the office. But that doesn't mean we're not flexible. We balance the expectation of being in the office while respecting individual flexibility. Join us in our unique and ambitious world."
So, what's next?
Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available, and we hope it's yours!