Behavioural Learning Support Assistant
Your new company
Hays Education are working with SEN and Secondary schools within the Leicester area who are looking for Learning Support Assistants to join their team on either a short or long-term basis. We also have permanent opportunities available.
Your new role
We are looking for supportive, resilient, compassionate individuals to work within a school setting where you will be joining a skilled and cohesive team. The role is to support children in their learning and behavioural needs, and you will play a massive role in their development and educational success.
What you\'ll need to succeed
- You must have experience of working with children and young people in some capacity, such as in a school, residential care, youth club or sports club.
- You will need to be experienced in working with/supporting children or vulnerable adults. Special educational needs experience is preferable.
- Experience working with children, ideally in a small group or 1:1 setting
- You will need to be able to communicate effectively with children, staff, and parents.
- You will need to be professional, patient, resilient, and enthusiastic.
What you\'ll get in return
- Competitive daily rate
- Ideal working hours (school time)
- A dedicated Hays Education consultant to help you out with your career aspirations within the education market
- Access to 1000s of free online CPD training courses
- Access to our Hays mobile app to streamline processes and manage your bookings
- Gain up-to-date Safeguarding & Child Protection training prior to assignment
- Advice and support on CV writing and interview techniques
In addition to this, we run a Refer-A-Friend Scheme where you can receive £250 in vouchers to spend on the high street for each referral (T&Cs apply).
What you need to do now
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.