Your new company
My client is looking for a qualified space data information manager to support the space planning manager in managing a university estate.
Your new role
- Manage and maintain the University Estates Information Database and AutoCAD (Drawings) for the whole estate, including;
1) Architectural Drawings, defining university standards and protocols for the layout and presentation of plans.
2) ARCHIBUS drawing boundaries, space allocations, staff locations and assets.
3)Fire Evacuation, Fire precautions and Health and Safety information.
4) Assist with BIM Information, where required.
- Analyse evidence from the estate information database and build relationships with key stakeholders throughout the university to identify opportunities to meet the university's strategic objectives amid changing space and accommodation requirements by improved utilisation of existing space and facilities.
- Contribute to the design and population of space forecasting tools, and make use of the output to analyse existing estate and to plan future Faculty and Directorate space provision.
- Carry out measured surveys and prepare and collate drawings of new and existing properties. Collect, analyse and input data for all University floor space into the estate database.
- Prepare plans for inclusion in external legal documents for the University.
- Keep abreast of developments in Facilities Management, information management, implementing best practice and ensuring that Oxford Brookes takes advantage of developments in technology and software.
- Liaise closely with the wider Estates & Campus Services directorate to coordinate office and space moves. Maintain appropriate project documentation and monitor, control and communicate progress against the project plan.
- As an expert user, train and assist staff in the use of spatial / asset data management, CAD and other tools.
- Provide plans, data and advice to stakeholders and third parties as required.
- Represent the Directorate on site visits to University properties including;
1) Working where potential hazards are present
2) Using ladders and scaffolds to access space
3) Using surveying equipment including tapes and laser measures.
4) Wearing appropriate protective clothing.
- Any other tasks that may be required.
What you\'ll need to succeed
Experience required for post:
* Advanced AutoCAD skills
* To manage the ARCHIBUS CAFM / IWMS space, lease and asset management software.
* Assist with space planning activities and moves management where required.
* Ensure changes to AutoCAD layouts, staff locations & assets are actioned and updated to the space management system promptly and published.
* Work with other stakeholders to maintain data accuracy.
* Maintain Estates Management Record (EMR) and prepare data submissions to HEFCE.
What you\'ll get in return
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 19.2% Employer contribution to pension
- 25 days A/L excluding bank holidays
What you need to do now
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.