Job title: Student Support Mentor (SEMH)
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience and qualifications
Contract type: Temporary
Job purpose: To support, motivate and mentor students with social, emotional and mental health (SEMH) needs and complex behavioural needs, and help them access the curriculum and achieve their academic and personal goals.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To identify and assess the needs of students who require additional support and intervention, and plan and deliver appropriate and effective support programmes in collaboration with teachers, SENCO, and other staff.
- To work with students individually or in small groups, both inside and outside the classroom, and provide them with academic, social, emotional and behavioural support, as well as life skills and career guidance.
- To monitor and evaluate the progress and impact of the support programmes, and provide regular feedback and reports to students, parents, staff and external agencies as required.
- To liaise and communicate with parents, carers, staff and external agencies, and establish positive and trusting relationships with them, and act as an advocate for the students and their needs.
- To promote the inclusion, participation and well-being of students with social, emotional and mental health needs and complex behavioural needs, and help them develop positive attitudes, self-esteem and resilience.
- To follow the school policies and procedures, and adhere to the relevant legislation and codes of practice regarding safeguarding, confidentiality, data protection, health and safety, and equality and diversity.
- To participate in relevant training, professional development and supervision, and keep up to date with current research and best practice in the field of social, emotional and mental health and complex behavioural needs.
- To perform any other duties as assigned by the headteacher, SENCO, or inclusion manager, and contribute to the overall vision and ethos of the school.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.