Position: SEN Teaching Assistant.
Contract Type: Full time, Temporary.
Are you passionate about supporting children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND)? Do you have experience working in a SEN school or children with SEN?
Hays Education are proud to work in partnership with a leading SEMH school in Rutland who are looking for SEN Teaching Assistants to join their team on either a short or long-term basis. We also have permanent opportunities available.
The SEND Teaching Assistant will provide support to boys and girls aged between 8 and 18 who have social, emotional, and mental health needs, as well as those with Autism, ADHD, and challenging behaviour. The ideal candidate would be patient, empathetic, and dedicated to fostering an inclusive learning environment for all students.
- Supporting Learning: Assist in the educational and social development of students under the direction and guidance of the classroom teacher and SEND Coordinator.
- Individualised Instruction: Implement Individual Education Plans (IEPs) and behaviour management plans.
- Classroom Management: Help manage student behaviour and maintain a positive and conducive learning environment.
- Collaboration: Work closely with other professionals, such as speech and language therapists, social workers, and educational psychologists.
- Record Keeping: Monitor and record student progress, ensuring any changes or concerns are communicated to the relevant parties.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience working with children with special educational needs and disabilities.
- Knowledge of strategies to support students with Autism, ADHD, and challenging behaviour.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Patience and resilience.
- A relevant teaching assistant or childcare qualification would be advantageous.
What you'll get in return:
- Competitive daily pay rate.
- Ideal working hours (school time)
- A dedicated Hays Education consultant to help you out with your career aspirations within the education market.
- Access to FREE online CPD training.
- Access to our Hays mobile app to streamline processes and manage your bookings Gain up to date.
- Safeguarding & Child Protection training prior to assignment.
- Advice and support on CV writing and interview techniques.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.