Data Governance Manager
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide! Working here means being ambitious, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you're our kind of person.
In order to deliver our Operations 2030 strategy roadmap, the Operations Data Office is now looking for a Data Governance Manager join our team. You will play an important role in the expansion of Data Governance across the Operations Business Unit, whilst ensuring alignment with Enterprise initiatives. Your specific focus will be Master Data Standards and Quality management to drive high quality data and process performance. You will also guide the Operations response to Data Privacy legislation requirements.
* Lead the development of the Data Governance Framework for the respective area(s) and contribute to development of the Global Data Governance strategy, goals and roadmap.
* Apply deep subject matter expertise to drive solutions to complex business issues and steer the triage and demand routing to the appropriate senior to influence strategies.
* Lead the direction of and manage Data Governance forums and cross-functional forums.
* Define and manage the reporting on performance of data governance processes, standards, quality and compliance within AZ functions and act upon outcomes.
* Lead Operations response to Data Privacy legislation such as GDPR and ROPA requirements
* Lead the cross-functional development of Data Standards, including Master data, Reference data and Metadata.
* Lead the development of conceptual models, business glossary and ontologies across multiple business partner interests.
* Lead the development of Data Quality guidelines and rules and drive cross-functional adoption for respective areas. And oversee data quality issue management.
* Work with senior data owners and representatives, to maintain alignment to data quality and governance strategy.
* Lead the development of effective procedures to ensure that each data asset is governed throughout its lifetime.
* Secure the definition of the data flow requirements to ensure data flows produced across the organisation are transparent, consistent, approved, stored and maintained.
* Contribute to definition and execution of mission, vision, strategy, goals, roadmap and metrics for the function.
Apply Lean toolsets to inspire change and improvement to activities relating to your respective area, including devising the approach for communication, training and support.
* Bachelor's degree in business administration, Information/Data Science, Informatics, computer science, economics or related field - or equivalent number of years of experience.
* Significant experience and deep domain expertise within a relevant industry. Demonstrated knowledge of data standards, data management and IT management regulations, policies and principles, applicable to the Pharma industry.
* Experience of Business/IT partnering for the implementation of Data Governance-related solutions.
* Proficient knowledge and experience with data privacy
* Demonstrated ability to lead in a diverse, global team, within and across functions. Experience with global working and across cultures.
* Demonstrated project leadership skills.
* Demonstrate strong communication skills with the ability to influence others to achieve objectives
* Ability to lead and manage negotiations across a complex group, to a target outcome.
* Proven change management, interpersonal, assertiveness and negotiation skills.
* Experience of SAP and MDG
* Experience in life sciences and healthcare.
* Experience working across the drug research and development lifecycle.
* Intimate knowledge of relevant key business processes
* Network of relevant contacts and relationships, including external links
* Data Governance and Data Management education and certifications
* Applied data management and data science skills, including experience with related tools.
* Experience in data ownership or stewardship
* Proven track record of publishing relevant data governance and policy topics in peer-reviewed journals, conferences, and other scientific proceedings.
"When we put unexpected teams in the same room, we unleash bold thinking with the power to inspire life-changing medicine. In-person working gives us the platform we need to connect, work at pace and challenge perceptions. That's why we work, on average, a minimum of three days per week from the office. But that doesn't mean we're not flexible. We balance the expectation of being in the office while respecting individual flexibility. Join us in our unique and ambitious world."
At AstraZeneca, we're dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There's no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.
So, what's next?
Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant. We have one seat available, and we hope it's yours!