Hays are delighted to be working with our global client, one of the world's most successful premium manufacturers of cars, motorcycles, and provider of premium services. Our client demonstrates a commitment to innovation, sustainability, and product responsibility all the way from development to production. Their aim is to play a dynamic and innovative role in shaping the face of mobility. Our client highly values each and every person; their passion, commitment, uniqueness and contribution to shaping the future success of their business.
Hays are recruiting for an exciting opportunity for a Process Engineer to join our client on an ongoing long-term temporary assignment.
The Process Engineer is responsible for overseeing and optimising the assembly processes of various parts of the car, deciding how the parts are assembled, whether manually, automatically or semi-automatically, and putting together a business case considering factors such as ergonomics, KPIs, quality, cost and business sense.
Assignment type: Temporary, ongoing basis where you will be engaged via Hays
Working environment: Onsite/Hybrid
Hours per week: 37
Pay type: Competitive hourly rate
Your new role -
- As the Process Planner you will be responsible for planning assembly processes for special modules or car parts.
- You will implement manual processes and special tools, fixtures and equipment in the production plant until the completion of the handover process.
- You will have internal interfaces in many areas of the business which will include Production, Total Vehicle, Purchasing, Maintenance and many more.
- Part of your remit will include responsibility for risk management.
- You will contribute to the development of target-agreeable assembly concepts and support the assessment of the assembly processes at events.
- Processing and implementation of all incoming changes will be part of this role and participation in the regular coordination between the concept and realisation planner is essential.
- You will take over the financial planning, procurement and optimisation for all the areas responsible for the realisation planning.
What you'll need to succeed -
- Qualified to Degree level or equivalent in a relevant field.
- Extensive knowledge of manufacturing, including assembly techniques, problem-solving skills and project planning is beneficial.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong IT skills are advantageous.
- The ability to communicate with internal and external international partners and sell concepts and communicate technical solutions effectively
What you'll get in return -
- A competitive hourly rate along with an annual performance related bonus.
- Hybrid working work is available after the initial onboarding period.
- Free parking on-site with access to a subsidised restaurant.
- Subsidised gym membership at Plant Oxford for agency workers
- Hays Go1 training platform which offers a library of over 70,000 courses.
- Access to Ben - a flexible employee benefits portal offering support across a wide range of topics such as mental health well-being, financial or legal matters.
What you need to do now -
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.
For any further information please speak to: Shanteece Munroe