Position: Behaviour Mentor.
Contract Type: Full time, Temporary.
Rate: Up to £100 per day.
Start Date: ASAP.
Hays Education are proud to work in partnership with a leading SEMH co-educational school in the idyllic Leicestershire countryside who are looking for skilled Behaviour Mentors to join their team on either a short or long-term basis. With permanent opportunities also available.
To be actively involved in the support and monitoring of students' behaviour by:
- Assisting and managing the return of students back to the classroom.
- Implementing agreed strategies to manage and improve the behaviour of students in the school.
- Monitor and analyse the behaviour of students using the online behaviour management system.
- Providing an on-call response to support teaching staff, when appropriate
- Liaising with teaching staff to support teaching and learning.
- Supporting students in following the rules of the school, helping to enforce school behaviour expectations.
To assist in the organisation of a rewards system for the school and the encouragement of student responsibilities.
To work with the Assistant Headteacher for Inclusion to develop and promote strategies to improve behaviour throughout the school.
Coaching students about how to manage their emotions and feelings, leading to better self-regulation and self-management
These responsibilities may be carried out in some of the following ways:
- Working with parents.
- Assisting in the induction of new students.
- Supporting students and encouraging them to reflect and improve upon their behaviour.
- Being present in the corridors to react to and deal with students who have left their classroom.
- Undertaking CPD and further research as required to expand my own knowledge and skills base.
- Attending meetings and other events associated with the school.
- Providing support to staff in managing student behaviour.
- Contributing to pastoral team meetings, assemblies, parent meetings through presentations and advice.
- Working one to one with students to address their behaviour issues and needs.
- Willingness to complete reasonable tasks as requested by the head teacher or line manager.
- To use IT and computers in day-to-day work in order to facilitate more effective communication and presentation of information. This includes word processing, e-mail, electronic record keeping and information sharing, multimedia presentation and teaching.
- To contribute to the development and maintenance of the highest professional standards of practice, through active participation in internal and external CPD training and development programmes, in consultation with the post-holder's manager.
- To maintain up-to-date knowledge of legislation, national and local policies and issues in relation to children's mental health and education
What's in it for you?
- School holidays.
- Comprehensive training programme.
- Life Assurance.
- Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions.
- Supportive team environment where you matter.
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits.
- 100's of discount options valid in the UK and abroad.
- Cycle to Work Schemes.
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme.
- Critical illness cover.
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.