Position: SEN Support Worker
Contract Type: Full time, Temporary.
Rate: Up to £100 per day.
Start Date: ASAP.
Are you passionate about supporting children with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND)? Do you have experience working in a school setting or a similar environment?
If so, then you might be the perfect candidate for a Support Worker within our SEND Co-Educational School.
We are a co-educational school that caters for students aged between 8 and 18 with social, emotional, and mental health needs as well as complex and challenging behaviour. We offer a broad and balanced curriculum that is tailored to the individual needs and abilities of our students. We also provide a range of extracurricular activities and opportunities to enhance their learning and personal development.
As a Support Worker, you will work closely with the teachers and other staff members to provide high-quality teaching and learning support for our students. You will assist them in the classroom, during breaks and lunchtimes, and on school trips and outings. You will help them to access the curriculum, develop their social and emotional skills, and manage their behaviour. You will also liaise with parents, carers, and other professionals to ensure the wellbeing and progress of our students.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have:
- A relevant qualification in childcare, education, or SEND, or equivalent experience.
- A good understanding of the needs and challenges of children with SEND.
- A positive and flexible attitude and a willingness to learn and adapt.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
- A commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
- An enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
What's in it for you?
- School holidays.
- Comprehensive training programme.
- Life Assurance.
- Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions.
- Supportive team environment where you matter.
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits.
- 100's of discount options valid in the UK and abroad.
- Cycle to Work Schemes.
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme.
- Critical illness cover.
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.