Your new company
Working for a globally renowned T1 Bank in the heart of London.
Your new role
You will be working in the Markets Program Execution & Transformation working with all Global Markets businesses and multiple functions to identify, mobilize and execute responses to regulatory and cross-business transformational projects.
The primary mission of the team is to design and implement integrated solutions in the most efficient way for markets and its clients.
This role is a key member of the Markets Transformation Data Acquisition Group, working on multiple projects / workstreams, assessing and delivering data solutions and supporting changes affecting multiple stakeholder groups, in response to new mandatory regulatory rulemaking, important supervisory requirements, and Markets discretional change initiatives.
What you'll need to succeed
- Extensive SQL experience.
- Experience within an investment banking or financial services environment
- Hadoop / Big Data domain experience and exposure to Hive, Impala, and Spark ecosystem technologies
- Data Warehouse/ETL design and development methodologies knowledge and experience
- Good knowledge in HDFS, Apache Spark, Spark-SQL, UDF, Sqoop, Python.
- Experience with relational databases. Oracle/SQL
- Experience building and optimizing Big Data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines or unexpected changes in expectations or requirements
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, to effectively produce reports, documentation, and communicate with senior management.
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.