This UK architectural practice with offices nationally, has an exciting opening for a creative, client facing Architectural Director to lead on large and exciting projects across the North of England. In this role you would operate as an ambassador for the practice with responsibility for generating fee income and will be an important member of the practices UK management team. You would be be responsible for the quality of all design across the office, while facilitating and championing innovation and research.
You will need to have assembled a portfolio showcasing ‘architectural excellence’ of acclaimed design projects. Sectors would ideally include experience across commercial, education, and cultural sectors, as examples. The role requires travel predominantly to service and build client relationships across the region. The remuneration package is strong and aligned with the role as a senior practice leader. You will be welcomed into a positive culture, that champions team building in a friendly, and outgoing environment.
- Drive design excellence and work winning.
- Manage several projects and teams concurrently.
- To work within the senior leadership team across the practice.
- Be responsible for fees/resourcing/practice management duties.
- Client engagement, business development and marketing strategy.
Skills and experience
- Fully qualified architect with Part III.
- Experience running nationally acclaimed schemes.
- Servicing large & interesting clients and winning significant work.
- Excellent communication skills and proven experience of mentoring and developing your team.