Your new company
This role is with an established client of Hays' based in Edinburgh. The organisation is now looking for an experienced Head of Information Governance to join them urgently, with a salary of £60,000 per annum(depending on experience).
**Please note - applicants must be able to come into Edinburgh office 2-3 days per week
Your new role
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the data governance, IT security, risk & data management of our client.
You will be required to assist in the compliance of their data protection standards and frameworks to ensure safe and lawful handling of data.
You'll manage data protection controls for all processing and data environments, communicating these approaches to external providers of the client.
Also, you'll assist in implementing new data governance frameworks, policies and processes.
What you'll need to succeed
- CIPP-E or CIPM qualification
- Experience in a financial or academic background in data management and data protection
- Comfortable in creating processes/ procedures for data governance and management
- Capable of leading a team, with long-term targets being met
- Advanced understanding of data protection legislation and governance, e.g. GDPR
- Credible stakeholder engagement and familiarity in presenting findings
What you'll get in return
- £60,000 salary, DoE
- 14% pension contribution
- 40 days annual leave
- Flexible working model
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.