Your new company
Your new consultancy is a multidisciplinary consultancy that has a selection of offices across the UK. They are specifically looking to engaging with Principal level Civil Engineers as 2024 gets underway. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious experienced Civil Engineer to join a dynamic, fast-growing consultancy. To be considered for this role, the consultancy request that all applicants have at least 5+ years of Civil Engineering experience and are looking to become if not already chartered.
Your new consultancy pride themselves on supporting engineers throughout their professional journey, while the successful candidate will be joining an ambitious and social team of engineers within the Gloucestershire office.
Your new consultancy is a multidisciplinary consultancy who work within a variety of sectors. They currently have a large amount of guaranteed work for the coming 12 months. With a significant amount of work coming from the residential sector, working on a mixture of bespoke residential and much larger scale residential design. With that in mind, candidates who have residential civil design experience would make for a great addition to the current team and business. However, having a residential background is certainly not essential.
- Management, leadership, support and coaching of a team ranging from apprentices to experienced civil engineers
- Liaising with clients for project delivery, relationships and new business development
- Design of drainage, service, road infrastructure and earthworks on a broad range of projects that include industrial, commercial, residential, retail, health and leisure developments.
- Preparation of associated drawings from concept stage through to construction.
- Preparation of Flood Risk Assessments, Drainage Statements and Service Strategy Reports as well as design of Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems from concept stage through to implementation.
- Design and detailing of works associated with highways (s.278, s.38, etc.) and drainage agreements (s.104, s.185, etc) as well as other relevant consents / permits and negotiation of technical approvals.
- Experience in writing reports such as Flood Risk Assessments and Drainage Statements
- Previous experience of preparing drawings, using AutoCAD, and designing foul and surface water drainage systems using MicroDrainage.
- Knowledge of ground modelling software for the design of horizontal/vertical alignment and earthworks.
The successful candidate will have effective project and client management skills together with a high standard of written and oral communication. We are looking for a Senior/Principal Engineer who has the ability to lead the Civil Engineering team. With a positive approach, one who enjoys generating and applying creative solutions to project challenges. Sound commercial awareness is vital, as is experience in developing client relationships. Having a can-do attitude and a willingness to roll your sleeves up, also goes a long way.
- Competitive starting salary with annual salary review
- 25 days' holiday
- Option to buy additional holiday or sell holiday not used plus additional holiday based on length of service
- Annual bonus scheme (based on company and personal performance)
- Support from ICE Professional Development chartership mentors with professional fees paid
- Company pension scheme with independent pension advice service
What to do next?
If you are interested in this opportunity, do not hesitate to apply online or contact for more information.