Position: Vehicle Instructor
Contract Type: Full time, Temporary.
Rate: £80 - £100 per day.
Start Date: ASAP.
We are looking for a qualified and experienced vehicle instructor to join our team of dedicated staff at our SEND co-educational school based in Rutland. You will be responsible for teaching practical skills related to driving and vehicle maintenance to students aged between 8 and 18, who have social, emotional, and mental health needs, as well as challenging behaviour, autism, and ADHD.
- Preparing lessons that are tailored to students' needs and abilities, taking into account their individual learning styles and preferences.
- Providing instruction on the parts and functions of a vehicle, and on-road regulations, using appropriate methods and materials.
- Teaching practical skills related to all aspects of driving, such as steering, braking, parking, reversing, and manoeuvring, in a safe and controlled environment.
- Helping students to develop confidence in their driving skills, and to overcome any fears or anxieties they may have.
- Assessing students' progress and providing feedback and guidance on areas for improvement.
- Liaising with other staff, parents, and external agencies to co-ordinate the support and provision for students with SEND.
- Ensuring that all health and safety regulations and policies are followed, and that the vehicles and equipment are well-maintained and checked regularly.
- Keeping accurate records of students' attendance, achievements, and needs.
- A valid driving instructor licence and a clean driving record.
- A minimum of two years of experience in teaching driving skills to students with SEND, or a relevant qualification in special educational needs.
- A good knowledge of the current curriculum and standards for vehicle instruction, and the ability to adapt them to suit students with SEND.
- A patient, calm, and supportive approach to teaching, and the ability to handle challenging situations and behaviours effectively.
- A strong commitment to the ethos and values of our school, and the ability to work as part of a team.
- A DBS check and satisfactory references.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.