Seeking a Senior Urban Designer for a fixed term contract (6 months)
As part of the architectural team, the Senior Urban Designer focuses on developing masterplans for medium- and large-scale projects in the UK and internationally. This role encompasses conceptual and strategic thinking, city-scale and regional Masterplanning, building design, and the production of detailed urban design guidelines and development frameworks.
- Act as the lead for selected Masterplanning projects, managing both internal and external stakeholders to ensure delivery from concept through to detailed stages.
- Design independently and as part of a wider team – understanding the full complexities of the urban design process, e.g. transport, economics, infrastructure, design codes and guidelines etc.
- Build a network across the business and seek leadership opportunities by directing and supporting junior team members.
- Make a positive contribution towards project meetings and client presentations.
- Develop a working understanding of cost control, fee charging and project finance, and consider how project fees are maximised without threat to client relationship and repeat work.
- Degree in urban planning/architecture/landscape architecture and an MA in urban design (or equivalent)
- Proven experience in leading projects across a wide range of project sectors, including infrastructure/transport, urban regeneration, residential masterplanning and have worked across UK, Middle East, Asia and Africa
- Advanced software skills, and are highly proficient in at least four of the following (Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Revit, Rhino, GIS software, CityEngine)