Job Title: Software Design Engineer - Electronics / Computer background
Direct Report To: Engineering Manager
Role type: Permanent position
My client is an established key player in the high precision re-manufacturing industry, primarily focused on the design, manufacture and selling of equipment, consumables and knowledge transfer into the global semiconductor, geological and optical engineering markets. Their equipment delivers unrivalled accuracy, precision and repeatability.
Approximately 60% of all systems sold incorporate customer specific engineering content, making their output very low volume and high cost. They sell direct and through dealerships worldwide.
All engineering design, machining and assembly are conducted on site.
* This is an exciting opportunity for a driven Software Engineer to directly influence and shape their product through new design projects. The successful candidate will be directly involved in the specification and design of Software applications, controlling the automation and interface of their machinery. They are looking for a highly experienced and knowledgeable Software Engineer who can join our Design & Development Engineering team and add their knowledge and creativity into a world-class manufacturer.
* The Software Design Engineer will be responsible for creating, managing, and updating machine software applications, seeing a project through from Inception to Delivery, contributing to the full product life cycle.
You will work seamlessly with the Development Department, Process Engineering and Manufacturing, and be expected to play a lead role in all software development activities.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Design and development of Software Applications, for automation and control of Machinery
* Support on site Manufacturing and Laboratory Facilities
* Interacting with customers during design and after sales support
* Work closely with Electrical and Mechanical Design Engineers
* Actively working with all departments to identify problems and develop solutions to maximise quality.
* Maintain / Continuously improve current product line.
* Generation of supporting documentation, BoMs / Reports / User Guides
They are looking for someone who has/is:
* Degree Educated in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electronics or similar.
* Advanced knowledge of hardware integration and industrial communication (EtherCAT & CANopen preferred)
Additional Skills that would benefit the role:
* Skilled Experience Designing Applications with LabVIEW
* Experience designing applications in C and C#
* Knowledge of C++ & Python would be beneficial.
* Experience with PLCs, Variable Frequency Drives & Stepper Motors
* Experience in User Interface Design
* Knowledge of Schematic Design would be beneficial.
* Knowledge of EU directives and CE Marking
* Advanced skills in Word Processing & Excel
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
* Attention for detail.
* Adaptable and responds well to change.
* Decision-Making: Exercises judgement within broadly defined practices and policies.
* Able to work in an extremely fast-paced environment.
* Highly competitive salary
* Annual bonus (based on company performance)
* Opportunities for development and progression
* Free on-site car parking with electrical vehicle charge points
* Generous contributory pension
* Electrical Car Benefit & Cycle to Work Schemes
Our client is a large electrical manufacturer based on the outskirts of Glasgow - looking for the
Services of an Electrical Technical Engineer, (would consider mechanical background with a basic electrical
Knowledge). You would be responsible for working within the Sales Team (internal & external) to provide technical expertise, develop solutions and support the sales process.
If you are a Software Engineer, Electronics Engineer or have a solid Computer Science background, looking for your next career move with this international company - please contact me on the below details to discuss your current situation confidentially and if the role might be of interest:-