Your new company
The World\'s pre-eminent super-luxury automotive brand world based in Goodwood, near Chichester, West Sussex, which comprises its global headquarters and Global Centre of Luxury Manufacturing Excellence.
Your new role
The Bespoke designer creates and steers desirable and profitable design features as part of existing and new model developments in line with Bespoke project and brand requirements. Working from within the Design team, the design work is coordinated and managed by the Bespoke Project Team who steer the bespoke business.
Design work can be modifications to existing features or from a blank sheet of paper and can derive from customer requests or be proactively offered as individual features or part of a Collection Car. Compelling theme development creates a strong framework of desirability for customer and collection cars and there is a need for both 2D graphical and 3D product design skills. Whilst there are specific Colour and Trim Designers within the team, an appreciation of colour and materials is expected. Attention to detail is paramount and there is a strong focus towards applying different craft applications in a contemporary way.
You will have:
- Outstanding creativity and presentation skills
- Traditional sketching skills as well as digital techniques (Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator).
- Self-management skills to work towards practical solutions with demanding deadlines.
- Co-ordination skills to gain input from others and steer them effectively where necessary.
- Accomplished negotiating skills.
- An awareness of varied international markets is preferred.
- Confidence and experience in dealing with colleagues at all levels (various stakeholders up to board level).
- Excellent interpersonal skills (both verbal and written) in order to pursue design solutions and 'sell' ideas both internally and externally.
- The ability to juggle multiple demands, often conflicting, whilst delivering attractive and customer-focussed design solutions in a timely fashion.
- An understanding of technical and packaging issues and concepts
- A high level of practicality as designs moves from concept to reality in a short and at times demanding timeframe.
- B. A or M.A. in Industrial Design or Automotive Design or equivalent with proven skills by way of portfolio and CV.
- Relevant design experience is expected within either the automotive industry or a related field and preferably the super luxury market through internships and/or work experience.
- Technical understanding and acumen to work on practical solutions within short timeframes and manage time effectively.
- A high level of understanding of different methods of manufacturing suitable for low and medium volume supply is required and a solid understanding of regional markets and related UHNW customer expectations.
- Knowledge and familiarity of luxury trends (both current and emerging innovations).
- Strong personal presentation skills
- Outstanding visual imagery to sell ideas - Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience of 3D modelling tools is an advantage (e.g. Autodesk Alias, Blender)
- Experience of 3D visualisation/render tools is an advantage (e.g. VRED)
- German language skills are desirable.
What you need to do now
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.