Are you ready for your next professional adventure?
Your new role
We have an opportunity for a Legal Counsel to join our client's team in London. The team works on a hybrid working basis.
- Contract: until March 2025 (maternity cover) - 12 months
- Daily rate: £600 per day through umbrella
- Hours: 40, Monday to Friday
As a Legal Counsel, you will provide a variety of senior level legal support on all FCA regulated products and propositions. You will join the Consumer Legal Team and deliver excellent legal advice and support to the Consumer Business Unit.
Legal Counsel responsibilities
- To act as the key point of contact within the Consumer Legal Team for our client's regulated mobile products.
- Keeping Consumer Terms and Conditions, consumer credit documentation and internal briefing notes up to date.
- To provide ongoing training to ensure that key stakeholders engage as efficiently as possible and in a way that manages key legal and regulatory risks.
- To support the Consumer Business Unit to launch new products and propositions in a legally and regulatory compliant way.
- To be responsible for ensuring that the Consumer Business Unit understands what is required to comply with relevant law and regulation
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience as a Consumer Credit/Regulatory Lawyer.
- Technology background, media or telecommunications industry is desired.
- Experience of consumer credit/payment services law and regulation, as well as consumer protection in relation to regulated products.
- Experience in Product Development practices.
- The ability to take a proactive and solutions-focused approach and a clear understanding of the commercial and legal risks.
What you need to do now
Our client is looking to interview immediately, so apply today or call us on 0116 2615000 to speak with one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists! If this role does not meet your requirements, but you know of someone else who would be interested, please send my details cross to them.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.