Hays are currently recruiting on behalf of an expanding M&E Business based in Totton. Due to expansion, the position for a Mechanical QC/Estimator has arisen.
As a Mechanical QC/estimator at DPP Ltd, you will work under the divisional Senior Manager and be expected to manage your time between office-based desktop estimating, site surveys and quality control.
- Prepare detailed scope of works for commercial, light commercial and domestic plant to non-residential properties.
- Evaluate specifications and determine labour, materials and equipment requirements.
- Prepare & present estimates to clients, ensuring clear communication.
- Collaborate with Divisional Management, Engineers, and suppliers.
- Continuously update and refine cost databases and estimate templates.
- Sign off Gas Safety Inspection Certification
- Live & Post audit Engineers
- Must hold ACS Domestic & Commercial Gas qualifications.
- It would be an advantage to hold Commercial Catering (Comcat 1 to 5) although training can be given.
- 2 years previous experience in Mechanical estimating.
- Proficient in estimating software tools.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and management skills.
- Knowledge of industry regulations and equipment
- Knowledge of renewable technology and energy-saving solutions.
What you need to do now
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.