Your new Company
Your new consultancy is looking for a contractor to join their Civil & Structural Engineering team. You will be required to take a leading role in the delivery of a portfolio of projects. With the project being constructed in Port Talbot. Your new consultancy thinks differently about design, and believe in creating value for their clients though efficient and focused design.
- A broad background and experience in civil and structural engineering ideally within the heavy civils / metals manufacturing sector. Design experience is beneficial but not essential.
- The ability to apply technical and practical skills to engineering problems, and the ability to interpret and implement the requirements shown in engineering drawings, BIM models, and specifications.
- Basic knowledge of design of scaffolding systems and temporary access requirements.
- Basic knowledge of the design of working platforms for tracked plants and cranes.
- An understanding of geotechnical principles and soil / structure interaction.
- A good understanding of temporary works management principles and trained Temporary Works Co-Ordinator (desirable)
- A good understanding of the use of permit to work systems and design and check certification systems as applied to temporary work.
- Undertake site visits, surveys and investigations and supervision.
- Willingness to undertake additional safety training and site inductions specific to the Client\'s site.
Project Management Responsibilities
- Ensure work is undertaken in compliance with clients' quality standards and processes.
- Ensure work is undertaken in compliance with Health & Safety and Environmental legislation.
- Collaborate with the client and suppliers to ensure the project programme is achieved.
- The ability to plan and manage resources, particularly people and resources.
- Working collaboratively with clients and the supply chain to progress projects.
- Helping with developing and maintaining excellent customer relationships.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate well with others at all levels, the ability to discuss ideas and plans with confidence.
What is required to be successful in this position?
- Working towards or have, a Degree / HND / HNC / BTEC Level 4 (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering or/and working towards the attainment of professional qualifications with the ICE or IStructE.
- Relevant experience in design, construction and project management activities as described in the technical requirements
- Computer-literate, particularly with packages such as Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Civils 3D (desirable).
- Willingness to work in other UK offices for short-term assignments.
- Knowledge of BIM is desirable.
- UK/EEC driving licence and access to transport.
While additionally, candidates will need to be effective team players, strong written and verbal communicators, as well as be performance focused. Should you be an engineer who has the above skills, then this could be the perfect role for you.
What to do next?
If you are interested in this opportunity, do not hesitate to apply online today. This is a fantastic opportunity for an engineer who enjoys a fast-moving and dynamic environment.