Your new company
Weare working exclusively with a Client that leads Scotland\'s Hydrological FloodDefence. They play a crucial role in the defence and prevention of flooding, inboth costal and in-land areas. They also coordinating public safety adviseduring adverse weather events when there is a possible risk to life. This is anexciting opportunity for any candidatewho is considering their next career move in Flood Defence Modelling.
Your new role
Weare looking to recruit expertise to support the development of our floodmodelling and mapping products, data analysis and provision of hydrological andcoastal advice for Scotland. We need experts who can apply their experience inflood management to support the development of our understanding of futureflood hazards and apply this to the development of our products and services to support a range of customer needs. The roles will also be required to:
- Support Client's wider flood risk management work, for example with regard to delivering training, mentoring and support for staff.
- Lead or participate in projects (e.g. investigative studies, flood hazard map development, or supporting innovation and partnership working).
- Lead on at least 1 aspect of flood modelling or mapping work nationally. For example, leading the development of major coastal/in-land flood modelling/mapping contracts. This lead aspect will be delegated depending on business need and may change over time.
What you\'ll need to succeed
- Organisational Knowledge : Will have knowledge of functions of most of the Clients departments, scheme of delegation and pertinent business procedures
- Technical : Expertise in the application and use of industry standard coastal methods and approaches to support the development of our flood hazard mapping and provision of advice. Application of best practise design methods, and/or new and emerging methods and approaches. Development of appropriate guidance to support service/product delivery. An understanding of the implications of climate change (and latest climate research) on coastal flood hazard. GIS Skills (creating spatial data products, editing & data manipulation, database management, use of GIS extensions, map creation, model builder). Support the development, implementation, maintenance, and continuous improvement of geospatial mapping.
- Managerial : Supervision or project management of staff , interpersonal skills, communication skills
- Legislation : Much of advice given and reporting relates to specific flooding and land use planning legislation, policy & guidance - broad understanding of this required along with detailed knowledge of scientific requirements
- Personal Attributes : High personal resilience, tenacity, Integrity, positive role model, genuine desire to do the right thing, Drive to make improvements, find solutions and to overcome barriers and obstacles, Open and collaborative approach, Ability to influence and persuade, Empathy, tact and diplomacy, ability to resolve conflict, Excellent communication skills with the ability to exercise good judgement and take decisions.
What you\'ll get in return
The Client offers some of the most competitive benefits on the market :
- £45k DOE
- 35hrs per week with Flexi Working Scheme
- Hybrid - 4 remote days & 1 in office/site
- 29 days annual and 7 public holidays (able to buy upto 10 after 6 months of service)
- 2 paid volunteering days
- Fantastic Pension Scheme exceeding the standards under the Pension Act 2011
- Desired Health and Lifestyle Benefits inc - Online Employee Discount Platform & Occupational Sick Pay
- EV Vehicle Purchase Scheme
What you need to do now
Ifyou\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copyof your CV, or call us now.
Ifthis job isn\'t quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position,please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.