We are currently seeking a Senior QS to join a Tier 1 Contractor to work on several highway projects.
Your new company
A Tier 1 Contractor who works on some of the biggest and most stimulating construction projects that take place within London. You will have the chance to join their team and take the lead on an up-coming and complex highways scheme.
Your new role
Leading the commercial function, you will be responsible for assisting with the control of costs, maximising value, minimising future liabilities and maintaining the required standard of quality and safety on a range of contracts.
What you'll need to succeed
* Manage the commercial resources (finance) of the assigned project (or section) to maximise planned gross margin through the placement and control of contracts and subcontracts
* Provide commercial expertise for contracts, to include the production and submission of valuations, claims, budget monitoring, and contract/workstream performance data
* Assess, review and mitigate commercial and contractual risks and implement the clients\' policies for risk management
* Support the authorisation and submission of project variations. To authorise the placement of contracts, subcontracts, material and plant orders
* Maximise cash flow through control, measurement (including quality) and valuation of work, and the invoicing of customers and payment of suppliers
* Value work executed by subcontractors and certify interim and final payments.
* Implement all the Client group\'s policies, including those for SHE and risk management
* Promote clients\' values towards its customers in order to meet or exceed their expectations
Key Skills and Qualifications:
* Holds the relevant qualifications (Degree or HNC in Quantity Surveying desirable)
* Experience in a similar role in the Construction/Highways Industry
* Experience working within a Tier 1 Main Contractor preferred
* Confident IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office, in particular Excel
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbally
* Must be an excellent organiser with proven time management skills
* Must be flexible in hours of work and travel
* CSCS Holder
What you'll get in return
* Up to £539 (Umbrella) per day DOE
* A six-month contract, starting Jan 2024
* The opportunity to work on some of the sensational engineering schemes in London
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.